Fundraising Volunteer Job Description
NMF NATIONAL VOLUNTEER NETWORK VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Fundraising Volunteer
- Varies, depending on the type of event. A smaller event such as a bake sale will require a minimal time commitment, while a large event, such as a Walk-a-Thon, will require a great deal of planning and organization.
Goals/Objectives of this job:
- To raise funds for vital NMF programs, while raising awareness of the Marfan syndrome in your community.
- Have fun while doing it!
Description of responsibilities and related tasks:
- Work with NMF staff to determine the best fundraising activity for you. The NMF has templates you can use to organize small and large fundraising events and will assist you every step of the way.
- Complete the NMF Special Event Notification Form describing the event you are planning and submit it to Cathie Tsuchiya, at least one month before the event, and request your Event Promotion Kit.
- If this is a large community event, submit the details about it a few months prior to the event
- In addition, you may request that event details be sent to NMF members in your area who are on the foundation’s E-Mail Network
- Request any additional materials you need to have on hand for the event (NMF brochures, balloons, etc.) one month before the event
- Take pictures during the event that can be posted on the NMF website, Facebook page, NMFconnect and in the Connective Issues and Leadership Connection newsletters.
Special skills or training required:
- Organizational skills required to plan and execute the event
- Ability to reach out to family/friends/community members/businesses
- Refer to the NMF Activities Planning Guide to prepare for planning your event
Related policies and/or procedures:
- Keep accurate record of funds raised during the event, and submit check(s) payable to the National Marfan Foundation within 3 weeks of the event (see “Guidelines for Remitting Proceeds from Local Fundraisers”) to the attention of Cathie Tsuchiya. Under no circumstances should funds raised be held beyond one month, nor should funds be held in a personal banking account.
- Consult with Cathie Tsuchiya at the NMF regarding method of thanking donors.
- Within 2 weeks of the event, provide details regarding the event to Cathie Tsuchiya at the NMF, including the total amount of funds raised.
The NMF office will distribute surveys or evaluation forms at appropriate times. It is part of the volunteer commitment to return these forms as requested.
Volunteer’s signature Date
Print name Phone Number
Street address Email
City, state, zip code
Please print and mail or fax to:
National Marfan Foundation
Attention: Manager of Volunteer Development
22 Manhasset Avenue
Port Washington, NY 11050