Network Group Chair Job Description
NMF National Volunteer Network Job Description
Job Title: Network Group Chair
Staff Liaison: Kathy Jeffers, Manager of Volunteer Development
Phone: 800-862-7326 ext. 111 Email: email@example.com
Network Groups provide support and organize education and awareness events, social events, and fundraisers. Long standing, active Network Groups often become an official NMF Chapter with their own board of directors and bank account. Network Group Chairs are responsible for organizing group meetings, creating commitees and task forces to plan and staff events and communicating regularly with group members about local and National initiatives and resources. Co-chairs are recomended.
Network Groups meet as frequently as needed to accomplish the goals of its members. This can vary according to the direction taken by the developing local network group. Initially, it would require setting up the physical space for the first meeting and providing refreshments (or arranging pot luck).
Description of responsibilities and related tasks:
- Organize the initial meeting of the group
- Determine the group members main interests
- Organize social gatherings
- Organize committees and task forces to organize awareness and fundraising events and activities as determined by the group members
- Communicate regularly with group members through mail, email, Facebook, NMFconnect, etc. when appropriate and as needed about local and National initiatives and resources
Special Training required:
- Network Group Chairs are asked to carefully review the Network Group Guidelines and Meeting Planning Materials that are sent prior to your first meeting, and to engage in an Orientation Training session with the NMF Manager of Volunteer Development. An NMF Lending Library will be sent prior to your second meeting, and a leader’s Resource Book prior to your third meeting. The Lending Library consists of videos and publications produced by the NMF that can be used for meetings, or borrowed and returned by group members.
- Network Group Chairs should become members of the NMF Facebook page and NMFconnect, the NMF's own olnine community to promote group activities.
- Network Group Chairs should become a member of the NMF's email network to learn about new research developments and resources as well as be aware of current activities and promotions.
- Network Group Chairs should visit the NMF website frequently and should familiarize themselves with the resources on the website including fact sheets and other medical information and especially the Volunteer Tool Kit.
- Training sessions for group leaders will be provided at the Annual National Conference, online and through conference calls.
Related policies and/or procedures, including evaluation procedure:
Policies/ procedures are explained in the Volunteer Manual and Resource Book.
The NMF office will distribute surveys or evaluation forms at appropriate times. It is part of the volunteer commitment to return these forms as requested.
Volunteer’s signature Date
Print name Phone
Street address Email
City, state, zip code
Please print and mail or fax to:
National Marfan Foundation
Attention: Manager of Volunteer Development
22 Manhasset Avenue
Port Washington, NY 11050