For maximum impact, spread the word! Here’s how:
- Contact The Marfan Foundation about sending an email to people in our community in your area. We can also post it on the community calendar on our website and share it on our social media.
- Create a flyer for your event. Usually a pdf that can be emailed is ideal. In some cases, it’s helpful to have a printed flyer to post or distribute to your friends and family. If you are working with a restaurant or paint night venue, they may even create it for you. If so, contact us for use of our logo (we’ll have to approve how it’s used). Otherwise, we can create a flyer for you.
- Create (or ask us to create) an image with the details of your event that you can post on your social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). Post it frequently, tag the venue where it’s taking place to reach their followers, and tag your friends in the comments to get their attention! Post weekly and then the day before and day of the event. Don’t forget to ask the venue to share it on their social media too (and tag The Marfan Foundation).
- If you are having a public event, you’ll want to send (email) details to your local media for their community calendar. Many news outlets and other community websites have online calendars and they make it very easy to submit your event details. You’ll want to do this as soon as you have the details for maximum impact. For print newspapers, a six to eight week lead time is common.
- Send personal emails to all your contacts – family, friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Tell them what’s going on and why it’s important to you. You can also share how the Foundation will use the money (for programs, services, and research). If people know why their support matters, they are more apt to give.
- Take pictures at the event and share them on social media to extend your impact. Share them with the Foundation, too. We can help you build momentum in your area.
Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.